Today 8/31/2016 was my last day at IBM. I started on 6/13/1983.
I voluntarily retired after 33 years, 2 months and 19 days. Approximately 8347 working days (no weekends or public holidays).
I am looking forward to my 2nd career as a full time Studio Woodturner.
I will be retiring from IBM on Aug 31, 2016. After that I should have a lot more time to make blog entries. I have a lot of ideas and pictures ready to go. Stay tuned.
Here are some hollow forms I turned over the winter of 2015/2016. All of the hollow forms were once turned from Cherry or Black Birch logs. I also roughed out 30 bowls and finished turned 15 bowls.
I was forced by the GoDaddy people to move my blog from Quick Blogcast hosted by www.GoDaddy.com to WordPress hosted by www.carlford.us
New and Old Blog address is the same. No change.
blog.carlford.us (Preferred Address) or
“GoDaddy is discontinuing Quick Blogcast on June 25, 2014 …” Err……!
- I went with Quick Blogcast when I started by blog because it had good easy subscriptions that sent out email when I posted a new blog entry.
- I was able to set up email subscriptions on WordPress so everything works the same. But, it was a pain. I had to install “subscribe2” package and configure it.
- Then I had to manually transfer all of the old subscription email addresses to WordPress. Everything should work the same. If you were subscribed then you still should be subscribed.
- I manually configured WordPress templates to recreate the look and feel of old blog. Not much fun. I had to install a bunch of packages on top of basic Twenty Fourteen template.
- I transferred all of the old Quick Blogcast entries to WordPress so no posts were lost. Some what manual process after searching for a solution on web.
- I did not transfer all of the old comments. Only a hand full comments existed and manually transferring them was not worth the effort.
Hopefully I am not going to get screwed again because my blog is now hosted on my own www.carlford.info site with my own copy of WordPress installed.
I have been busy writing some new articles for AAW Journal. I hope to be done with this soon and have more time to write Blog articles.