New and Old Blog address is the same. No change.
- I went with Quick Blogcast when I started by blog because it had good easy subscriptions that sent out email when I posted a new blog entry.
- I was able to set up email subscriptions on WordPress so everything works the same. But, it was a pain. I had to install “subscribe2” package and configure it.
- Then I had to manually transfer all of the old subscription email addresses to WordPress. Everything should work the same. If you were subscribed then you still should be subscribed.
- I manually configured WordPress templates to recreate the look and feel of old blog. Not much fun. I had to install a bunch of packages on top of basic Twenty Fourteen template.
- I transferred all of the old Quick Blogcast entries to WordPress so no posts were lost. Some what manual process after searching for a solution on web.
- I did not transfer all of the old comments. Only a hand full comments existed and manually transferring them was not worth the effort.
Hopefully I am not going to get screwed again because my blog is now hosted on my own www.carlford.info site with my own copy of WordPress installed.
I have been busy writing some new articles for AAW Journal. I hope to be done with this soon and have more time to write Blog articles.