I had a student cancel at the last minute due to medical reasons. Thus I am now looking for 1 more student for my “Woodturning Workshop” class in my Studio in Poughkeepsie NY.
Please contact me ASAP if you are interested. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Instructor: Carl Ford – Studio Woodturner – www.carlford.us
Level: All Skill Levels (Novice and Beyond)
Dates: Any 10 out of 12 Thursdays between January 25 to April 12th, 2018 (Jan 25, Feb 1, 8, 15, 22, Mar 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, Apr 5, 12, 2018)
Time: 9am – 3:30pm with a 1/2 hour break for lunch
Tuition $650.00 ($650 / 10 days = $65 per day / 6 hrs per day = $11 per hour, A really good deal! )
Location: At Carl Ford’s Studio in Poughkeepsie NY. 3 Danspence Road, Poughkeepsie, NY 12603
Same class format as “Woodturning Workshop” at Brookfield Craft Center. Click here for BCC class description.
Students must supply there own wood for the class or help me scrounge it up. Same deal as Brookfield Craft Center.
I made a video to help promote my Woodturning Workshop class at the Brookfield Craft Center. The same info applies to the class in my studio. Click her for my “Woodturning Workshop” video.
I have liability insurance for my studio classes thru the American Association of Woodturners (AAW).
- My studio is a bright and cheery environment!
- Two Oneway 2436 lathes and a Powermatic 3520B lathe for students.
- Complete set of turning tools for each student! Ellsworth, Stirt, Jordan, and Hosaluk gouges, etc.
- Munro, Ellsworth and Jamieson hollowing systems. All with laser pointers and a Trent Bosch Stabilizer.
- Great lighting
- Good natural light via a bank of windows
- Good overhead lights
- Good lights on each and every lathe
- Good heat and AC
- Very good and QUIET dust collection on each and every lathe! My cyclone dust collector is outside!
- Lots of finishing options. Alcohol method for green bowls. Milk paint, acrylic paint, colored stains, danish oil, poly, lacquer, etc.
- Good lunch room with full kitchen. We eat on the deck or in a nice sunny dinning room.
- Modern bathroom with indoor plumbing.
Click here for directions to my studio at 3 Danspence Road, Poughkeepse NY, 12603
Google says my studio is:
- 1 hr 10 min drive north of Purchase NY
- 1 hr north east drive of Danbury CT
- 45 min south drive of Kingston NY
A picture is worth a thousand words. Click here for pictures of my studio.