Hello, my name is Carl Ford and this is my Woodturning Blog.
My woodturning stated back in 2002 as a hobby. It has now become an obsession.
Carl Ford’s New Woodturning Blog
January 22, 2013
I decided to start my own new woodturning blog. Why?
- Because my Wednesday Night Woodturning group says I have good ideas that I should share with others.
- Because I often find new tools, etc that work well for me and that I would like to share with others.
- Because I am often to lazy to write up all my little ideas for Club Newsletters and Magazines. I just want to jot down a few sentences.
This blog will cover the following:
- New Tools. Mostly woodturning tools.
- Ideas for new woodturning projects. Mostly what we are doing on Wednesday Nights.
- Announcements for any classes I teach.
- Announcements for any demos I do.
- Announcement for any new handouts I add to my web site.
This blog will NOT allow the following:
- Any chit chat in any way shape or form.
- Political or religious stuff.
- Any negative comments. All comments will be held and moderated by me.
It’s my Blog if I don’t like what you have to say then it goes in the bit bucket. Go start your own Blog if you want to say negative things!
- Positive comments will be allowed only if they are non trivial.
- No spam! I have all the spam filtering stuff turned on.
Frequency of Blog Posts:
- I plan on posting to this blog roughly once a week. Probably on Fridays.
- You can safely subscribe to this blog. I will not fill up your email with a lot of crap.
This blog is accessible via 4 different web addresses. They all point to the same “Blog” page that shows you the most recent posts by date on my blog.
On 9/15/2020, I merged my Woodturning Website and Blog onto the same Blog platform. The following addresses now take you to the “Home” page for my Website.
You can add /home to any of the above or add blog/home. It will still take you to the same place. The “Home” page for my Website.
Any carlford.us or carlford.info take you to the same place. When I created my old website it was before the .us domain was available. GoDaddy offered the .info domain for free. The .com domain cost big bucks. So I went with .info and added .us latter when it became available for a reasonable price. .us points to .info. .com still costs big bucks.
I started by blog in 2013 on GoDaddy’s Quick Blogcast platform. I was forced to move to WordPress in 2014. For more info see my “Blog Moved from Quick Blogcast to WordPress” blog entry.