Calendar of Woodturning Classes taught by Carl Ford and events (symposiums, shows, etc.) that Carl will be attending.
(Last modification: January 18, 2021)
|10 Day Class
Sorry! Class canceled due to Covid-19
Tuition $700 +
|"Tuesday’s Fall 2020 Woodturning Workshop" class in Carl Ford’s Studio in Poughkeepsie NY.
Create functional and artistic lathe turned objects in this 10 session class.
Students of every level are free to explore their own interests. Or I can suggest a path for students based on there interest in bowls, hollow forms, spindle turning, etc. Or we can do any mix of things.
I personally specialize in natural edge bowls, hollow forms and surface decorations. But, I have experience in and can teach, cut edge bowls, plates, platters, spindles, boxes, toys, lamps, etc. The only thing I don’t do is segmenting.
Topics include wood selection and preparation, tool choice, tool sharpening, tool use and control, spindle turning, bowl and vessel turning, hollow turning, finishing, etc.
Level: All Skill Levels (Novice, Intermediate or Expert). Ages 16 and over.
Dates: Any 10 out of 12 Tuesday’s between February 2th and April 20th, 2021. Feb 2, 9, 16, 23, Mar 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Apr 6, 13, 20
Time: 9am – 4pm (6 hrs with 1 hr break for lunch)
Number of Students: 3 max (Small class setting!)
Tuition $700.00 ($700 / 10 days = $70 per day / 6 hrs per day = $12 per hour, A really good deal!) Plus a $25 Materials Fee for paint and sand paper.
Location: At Carl Ford’s Studio in Poughkeepsie NY.
My studio is a bright and cherry environment. Click here for more studio info, pictures and directions.
Click here for additional Class Information, Suggested Projects for Beginners and the Fine Print.
Email Carl Ford (email@example.com) if you want to be added to the waiting list for this class.
|10 Day Class
Class is FULL
Tuition $700 +
|"Thursday’s Fall 2020 Woodturning Workshop" class in Carl Ford’s Studio in Poughkeepsie NY.
Same class as above. Except it runs on Thursdays in my studio in Poughkeepsie NY.
Dates: Any 10 out of 12 Thursday’s between February 4th and April 22nd, 2021. Feb 4, 11, 18, 25, Mar 4, 11, 18, 25, Apr 1, 8 15, 22
See Tuesday’s class above for Time, Tuition, etc.
Covid-19 QuestionsCarl’ Ford Covid-19 Questions. My studio is in my HOUSE. Thus it is my rules! Students MUST confirm they are in compliance with all of the following:
- You have been wearing a mask in public that covers BOTH your mouth and nose! NO exceptions!
- You have been following all of NY Governor Cuomo’s other Covid-19 guidelines. 6 foot social distancing, etc.
- When a vaccine becomes available in NY state that is deamed safe by Governor Cuomo then you MUST get vaccine. NO exceptions!
- You have NOT had Covid-19 or tested positive for Covid-19 in the last 30 days.
- No one in your household has had Covid-19 or tested positive for Covid-19 in the last 30 days.
- You and everyone in your household has been mostly staying at home.
- You have NOT been traveling back and forth to Covid hot spots like NY City.
- Your spouse does NOT work in a Nursing home.
- If you have school age children they MUST be doing 100% on line learning at HOME.
- If you have college age children they MUST be doing 100% on line learning at HOME. Or if they are living at school then they have NOT visited you in the last 14 days.
- If you work for a college or other business then you are working from HOME 100% of the time.